Friday, August 9, 2013

My London Adventure

Oh my, it's been such a fabulous week in London!
At first I was a bit nervous, because this was first holiday all on my own. But there was nothing to be anxious about, everything was more than fine. I could easily find my way, I felt comfortable moving around the city and I enjoyed every second of it.
And one of the biggest advantages of traveling alone: you don't have to discuss where you will go or what to have for dinner, you just do whatever you feel like.
Today I'm gonna show you the highlights of my trip, the things I enjoyed most and loved the best.

Traveling
My first flight ever! And I loved it!

My luggage in the London Underground

Things I've Done
The Tower Bridge. Really love the look of it, gorgeous!

St. Paul's Cathedral. The inside is so, so beautiful. You've never seen anything like it!

Cutty Sark, an English tea clipper who imported tea from China.

Balancing on the Meridial Line at Greenwich Observatory.

Having my feet cool down at the Diana Memorial Fountain in Hyde Park.

Covent Garden Market, where they sell gorgous handmade stuff.

Regent's Park. I've spent this day with Rasa, which was an absolute bless! You should check out her blog.

The Big Ben with it's beautiful decorations.

The London Eye was my perfect way of saying goodbye to the city.


Food & Drinks


Yo! Sushi. Yummie!

Tea and a muffin at Yumchaa, lovely place with great tea-flavours!

Jamaican Chicken at Giraffe.

Desert at Pizza Express after a tasty pizza.

Peruvian food at the Camden Lock Market, with my new friend Rasa.

Burger and really skinny fries at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, with Stephanie who I met at the hostel.

Had a lovely Pink Cola at Jamie Oliver's place Union Jacks, with Stephanie.

Tea and a cupcake on the go, from The Hummingbird Bakery.

Drinks and a bite at Bill's after Rasa and I just saw 'The Heat' in cinema.


Very British

Guard at the Tower of London, they wear some weird kind of shoes.

The Union Jack on top of the Tower Bridge.

Red telephone box in London, you still see them everywhere.

The London Underground. At every station they tell you multiple times 'Mind the gap between the train and the platform, please mind the gap' (include a lovely English accent).


Views of London
View from the Tower Bridge.

View from St. Paul's Cathedral.

View from Primrose Hill Park.

View from London Eye, east of London.

View from London Eye, southwest of London
_________________________________________________________________________

Oh my, ik heb zo'n fantastische week in Londen gehad!
In het begin was ik een beetje nerveus, want dit was m'n eerste vakantie helemaal alleen. Maar er was niks om angstig voor te zijn, alles ging meer dan goed. Ik kon alles makkelijk vinden, ik voelde me op m'n gemak terwijl ik de stad ontdekte en ik heb van elke seconde genoten.
En één van de grote voordelen van alleen reizen: je hoeft nooit te discussiëren over waar je heen wilt of wat je zult doen voor het avondeten, je doet gewoon waar je zelf zin in hebt.
Vandaag laat ik je de highlights zien van m'n citytrip, de dingen waar ik het meeste van heb genoten en het leukste vond.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like this blog? Sign up for the free JCLN Newsletter!

Pin It button on image hover