Thursday, January 1, 2015

December Diary

 
Happy New Year! But first an overview of the last month:
The month flew by! A month of celebrating and lighting candles in the evening.
There was a lot of meetings with friends & family, craft ideas and deadlines for school.
In the beginning of the month I went to the musical Billy Elliot with my parents which was really fun (besides all the cursing...).
Somewhere half way through the month I even skied down a slope in an indoor snow hall in Germany. 'Unfortunately' there's no pictures of that... I don't think it looked very graceful.
And of course December is the month of Christmas. Early December I decorated my room with lights and ornaments and every night I light candles. Once in a while some hot chocolate, but mostly it's drinking cups of tea under a warm blanket. Playing Christmas songs on Spotify while planning Christmas dinner.
Yes, I know. I'm a Christmas nuthead...
Here's how I enjoyed the most festive month of all.
 

I celebrated Sinterklaas with a friend. I got spoilt with a coloring book, a little recipe book and a chocolate letter.

I also made some clay Christmas ornaments for my Etsy shop. You can still buy them (with a post Christmas discount) here.

One of my favorite places in Utrecht: the Yoghurt Barn. This time I had a yoghurt with banana, chocolate and cocos.
 
And like I said: lots of warm tea in my favorite mug.
 
And OK, some wine for the evenings.
 

 On December 17th I got ready for the first Christmas dinner of this year. My sweet assistant was right by my side to 'help'  me get dressed.
 
I visited the lovely Christmas markets in Utrecht.

 
And this is Utrecht on a non-snowy winter night.

Just before Christmas I went to Primark to shop for an outfit for Christmas. But I came back with bag filled with other clothes. The best buy: this Mickey sweater which is really soft and fluffy!
 

I made some winter decoration for my mom. Very easy to make, all you need is some nylon thread, white fluffy balls and little beads. I glued the beads to the balls with a drop of super glue.

 
And finally it was time for Christmas dinner with my parents. Unfortunately my sister and her hubby couldn't be there. But it still was lovely. I'm really happy with how the decorations turned out!

 



The spinach avocado soup! It was a really nice and fresh start of the dinner.
 

Salmon in puff pastry, mashed potatoes with figs and broccoli (unfortunately the rainbow carrots were out of stock in the supermarket...)

And last week I hung a wooden crate on my wall. Finally some extra space for decoration that my ferret can't reach. :)
 
Crafts: I started on a lace triangle scarf, but that project has been in a bag for a while now. Last week I started a big project: my own crocheted chevron blanket. This one will probably be in the diaries for a few months...
Books: Tuesday's Gone - Nicci French.
Movies/series: Gooische vrouwen, Nanny McPhee, All You Need Is Love. And it's not really a serie or movie, but I watched a lot of Serious Request (a Dutch event where 3 radio dj's are locked in a glass house and don't eat for 6 days. During this time they raise money for a project of the Red Cross).

Favorite moment: any moment with candles, tea or wine and Christmas songs on.
Suckiest moment: falling with my bike because apparently it was slippery...

Blog posts of December
The Perfect Cup of Tea
The Best Christmas Hamper Ever!
Not-too-much-fuss Christmas Dinner of 2014 (+ soup recipe)
Your Top 10 Blog Posts of 2014

I hope you also had a lovely December!

_______________________________________________

Gelukkig nieuwjaar! Maar eerst weer een overzichtje van de afgelopen maand.
De maand is weer voorbij gevlogen. Een maand vol feestelijkheen en brandende kaarsjes in de avond.
Er waren veel ontmoetingen met vrienden en familie, creatieve ideeen en deadlines voor school.
In het begin van de maand ging ik met m'n ouders naar de musical Billy Elliot, wat erg leuk was (behalve het vele schelden en vloeken...)
Ergens halverwege de maand skiede ik van een helling af in een indoor sneeuwhal in Duitsland. 'Helaas' zijn daar gen foto's van... Ik denk niet dat het er erg elegant uit heeft gezien.
En natuurlijk was december de maand van kerst. Al vroeg in december hing ik lichtjes en decoratie in mijn kamer en elke avond stak ik wel kaarsjes aan. Zo af en toe wat warme chocolademelk, maar het waren vooral veel koppen warme thee die ik onder een warm dekentje nuttigde. En heerlijk kerstliedjes afspelen op Spotify terwijl ik het kerstdiner plande.
Ja, ik weet het. Ik ben een echte kerst muts.
Dit is hoe ik deze feestelijke maand heb doorgebracht.
 
(Bij de foto's)
  • Ik vierde Sinterklaas met een vriendin en werd verwend met en kleurboek, een klein kookboekje en een chocoladeletter.
  • Ook maakte ik deze maand kersthangers van klei. Je kunt ze hier nog steeds kopen (met een na-kerst korting!).
  • Een van m'n favoriete plekjes in Utrecht: de Yoghurt Barn. Deze keer nam ik yoghurt met banaan, chocola en kokos.
  • En zoals ik zal zei: veel warme thee in m'n favoriete mok.
  • En OK, soms een wijntje in de avond.
  • Op 17 december was al tijd om me klaar te maken voor het eerste kerstdiner van het jaar. Mijn lieve assistente 'hielp' me met aankleden...
  • Ik bezocht ook de verschillende kerstmarkten in Utrecht en maakte daarbij mooie plaatjes van Utrecht in de winter (zonder sneeuw helaas).
  • Net voor kerst ging ik naar de Primark om daar kleren voor kerst te kopen. Maar ik kwam thuis met een tas gevuld met andere kleren. De leukste koop: deze Mickey trui die heerlijk zacht en aaibaar is.
  • Ik maakte ook wat winterse decoratie voor m'n moeder. Het is erg makkelijk te maken, alles wat je nodig hebt is nylonraad, witte balletjes en kleine kraaltjes. Ik maakte de kraaltjes nog aan de balletjes vast met een drupje secondelijm.
  • En eindelijk was het tijd voor het kerstdiner met mijn ouders. Helaas konden m'n zusje en haar man er niet bij zijn. Maar we hebben erg genoten. Ik was vooral heel blij met hoe de aankleding van de tafel gelukt was!
  • En aan het eind van de maan hing ik dit houten kistje aan de muur op. Eindelijk wat extra decoratie ruimte waar m'n fretje niet bij kan komen.
 
Crafts: Ik ben begonnen aan een kanten driehoeks sjaal, maar die ligt al een tijdje in en tas. Afgelopen week begon ik aan en groot project: mijn eigen gehaakte chevron deken. Dit project zullen jullie nog wel een tijdje in de diaries voorbij zien komen...
Boeken: Tuesday's Gone - Nicci French.
Films/series: Gooische Vrouwen, Nanny McPhee, All You Need Is Love. En 't is niet echt een serie of film, maar ik keek veel Serious Request.

Favoriete moment: elk moment met kaarsjes, thee of wijn en kerstliedjes aan.
Stomste moment:  vallen met de fiets omdat het blijkbaar glad was…


Blogposts van december
The Perfect Cup of Tea
The Best Christmas Hamper Ever!
Not-too-much-fuss Christmas Dinner of 2014 (+ soup recipe)
Your Top 10 Blog Posts of 2014
 
Ik hoop dat jij ook een fijne decembermaand hebt gehad.
 
 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like this blog? Sign up for the free JCLN Newsletter!

Pin It button on image hover