Friday, August 16, 2013

London Shoplog

I know, I know. You're all very curious to know what I've bought in London.
So let me satisfy your curiosity.
Besides souvenirs I bought for family, this is what I've bought for myself:


Typically London
During my time there, I fell in love with the city. I love the excitement of always something to do and thousands of people to meet. The Underground takes you everywhere you want to go, but only if you 'Mind The Gap'. Oh, and I love the fact that you can leave your window open when the light is on: no mosquito's or any other kind of flying bug coming in!
Stuff bought: Cardholder for my Dutch transportpass with map of the Underground, pin 'Mind The Gap', Union Jack car keyring.



Selfridges
I think I love this warehouse the most of all. Why not Harrods? Well, Harrods doesn't have a stationery department (yet, it will open soon though).
I couldn't help myself and buy a notebook and to do list. Don't you love them?



English Tea
I think it would be cultural suicide to not drink tea when you're in Great Brittain.
I've been to Yumchaa twice, a lovely tea café where they have a lot of great flavors. I've bought two bags of loose leaf tea and a tea egg, so I can enjoy tea at it's best at home.
And I've been to the Twinings shop. Twinings is the official British tea brand and in the shop you can buy teabags for 15 pence each, I bought some lovely flavors to take home.



Hobbycraft
As a lover of creativity, I had to visit one of London's craftstores: Hobbycraft. It was quite a distance from the centre of London, but I got there. And they have everything a creative heart would ever desire: papers, beads, pencils and markers, stamps, yarn, scrapbooking materials, really everything.
I've spent some time in the shop and left with a bag of origami paper, 8 markers to use on chalkboard or glass and some lovely yarn.



Places I had to visit
These last three things are bought in places that I told myself I had to go to.
The Mollie Makes magazine was bought at Harrods, it has a little gift with it as well.
The book  comes from Foyles, one of London's biggest book stores. I bought the book 'This Is Not A Book' from Keri Smith. I've been thinking of buying one of her books for a few times already and now I bought it in a place I'll never forget.
The umbrella came from Anthropologie. I've been scrolling through their webshop before, but now I had the chance I wanted to visit a real store. The place itself just looks lovely, great decoration and a lot of lovely products. Unfortunately everything I liked was or expensive or very breakable, so I decided to go with this small piece of decoration.


I'm really happy with all the stuff I bought and can't wait to start using them!
What is your favorite item? I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite...


___________________________________________________________________

Ik weet 't, ik weet 't. Jullie zijn allemaal enorm nieuwsgierig naar wat ik in Londen allemaal gekocht heb.
Dus laat me jullie nieuwschierigheid verzadigen.
Naast souvenirs die ik voor familie kocht, is dit wat ik voor mezelf kocht:

__ Typisch Londen. Tijdens mijn verblijf, ben ik verliefd geworden op de stad. Ik hou van de opwinding, er is altijd wat te doen en duizenden mensen om te ontmoeten. De Underground brengt je overal waar je heen wilt, maar alleen als je let op het afstapje 'Mind The Gap'. Oh, en ik vind het super dat je je raam open kunt laten met het licht aan: geen muggen of andere vliegende beestjes die binnen komen!
Gekochte spulletjes: Mapje voor m'n chipkaart met de plattegrond van de Londense metro, pinnetje 'Mind The Gap', Union Jack autootje aan sleutelhanger.

__ Selfridges. Ik denk dat ik dit warenhuis het leukste vind. Waarom niet Harrods? Nou, Harrods heeft geen stationery afdeling (nog niet, hij opent binnenkort).
Ik kon mezelf niet stoppen en kocht een notitieboek en to do list. Vind je ze niet leuk?

__ Engelse thee. Ik denk dat het een soort culturele zelfmoord is om geen thee te drinken als je in het Verenigd Koningkrijk bent.
Ik ben twee keer bij Yumchaa geweest, een erg leuk theecafé waar ze veel heerlijke smaken hebben. Ik kocht ook twee zakjes losse thee en een thee-ei, zodat ik nu thuis ook kan genieten van thee op z'n best.
En ik ben in de Twining shop geweest. Twinings is het officiele britse theemerk en in de shop kun je theezakjes los kopen voor 15 pence per stuk, ik kocht een paar heerlijk geurende zakjes.

__ Hobbycraft. Als een liefhebber van creativiteit, moest ik zeker naar één van Londens hobbywinkels: Hobbycraft. Het was een aardig eindje bij het centrum van Londen vandaan, maar ik ben er gekomen. En ze hebben alles waar een creatief hart kan wensen: papier, kralen, potloden en stiften, stempels, garen, scrapbook materialen, echt alles.
Ik heb een aardig tijdje in de winkel rondgelopen en liep uiteindelijk naar buiten met een tasje gevuld met origami papier, 8 stiften voor op schoolbord of ramen en drie bollen mooie wol.

__ Plekken waar ik heen moest. Deze laatste drie dingen zijn gekocht op plaatsen waar ik van mezelf echt heen moest.
Het Mollie Makes tijdschrift kocht ik bij Harrods, het heeft ook een klein extraatje.
Het boek komt bij Foyles vandaan, de grootste boekenwinkel inLonden. Ik kocht het boek 'This Is Not A Book' van Keri Smith. Ik heb al wel vaker zitten dubben of ik één van haar boeken zou kopen en nu heb ik er één gekocht op een plek die ik nooit meer vergeet.
Het parapluutje komt van Antrhopologie. Ik ben al eerder in hun webshop geweest, maar nu ik de kans had wilde ik ook naar een echte winkel. De winkel zelf ziet er fantastisch uit, leuk aangekleed en heel veel leuke producten. Helaas was alles wat ik leuk vond of duur of erg breekbaar, dus heb ik gekozen voor een klein decoratief dingetje.


Ik ben erg blij met alles wat ik kocht en kan niet wachten om alles te gaan gebruiken!
Wat is jouw favoriete item? Ik kan zelf niet kiezen...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like this blog? Sign up for the free JCLN Newsletter!

Pin It button on image hover