Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Best Christmas Hamper Ever!



Yes! I have a little job besides my studies, which means that around Christmas my employer gives me a little gift!
In The Netherlands it's a tradition to receive a box  filled with food and non-food stuff from your employer to thank you for the effort you've given in the past year.
The last few years people also get a coupon with which they can pick a gift of their favor online.
This year I chose a giftcard for Xenos, a shop with fun home decoration, supplies for creative outings, kitchen supplies and a food section.
I went shopping for about 2 hours and this is the result: THE best Christmas Hamper I've ever had!
If you're Dutch, I can really advise you to do the same. It's fun and you'll be sure you will have the things you really like for your Christmas hamper.

This is what's in mine:
A garland with snowflake lights, so cute!
A spool of grey polka dot ribbon.

Fun straws with patterns. I already have a bunch in my collection, but you can never have enough.
A small tray, on which I will serve tea and biscuits when I have visitors.
A vase with the text 'Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life'.
A snowflake hanger, to add a bit more Christmas and winter feeling to my room.
A clipboard with a nice pattern of which I will clip nice texts or pictures that catch my eye.

And what is a Christmas hamper without some food stuff. There's two curry pastes and a mix for pizza and foccacia bread. Yum!
And to help me cook all of it, there's a spatula.

And besides all the ovely stuff above, there's a little casket from wood with two heart shaped holes on each side. I'll hang this on my wall to serve as shelves on which I can place some decorative stuff (so that my ferret can't reach it and break it).

I hope you enjoyed it and I didn't make you too jealous if you don't receive a Christmas hamper.
Eitherway, I hope you'll have a lovely Christmas this year!

_________________________________________________

Ja! Ik heb een mini mini bijbaantje naast m'n studie en dat betekent dat je rond kerst een kerstpakket krijgt!
In Nederland is het een traditie om een kerstpakket gevuld met food en non-food dingen van je werkgever, om je te bedanken voor je inzet in het afgelopen jaar.
De laatste jaren zie je steeds meer dat mensen een bon krijgen om online zelf een cadeau uit te zoeken dat bij ze past.
Dit jaar koos ik voor een cadeaukaart van Xenos, een winkel met leuke decoratie, dingen om creatief mee te doen, keukenspullen en een food afdeling.
Ik ben lekker 2 uur gaan shoppen en dit is het resultaat: HET beste kerstpakket dat ik ooit gehad heb!
Als je de keuze hebt om een cadeaukaart te kiezen, zou ik dat zeker adviseren. Het is leuk en op die manier heb je zeker een kerstpakket met alleen maar leuke dingen.


Dit is mijn kerstpakket dit jaar:

Een snoer lichtjes in de vorm van sneeuwvlokjes, zo leuk!
En een klosje grijs lint met stipjes.

Leuke rietjes met patroontjes. Ik heb er al een aantal in mijn collectie, maar je kunt nooit genoeg leuke rietjes hebben.
Een klein dienblaadje, waarop ik thee en koekjes aan mijn visite kan serveren.
Een vaasje met de tekst 'Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life'.
Een clipbord met een leuk patroontje waaraan ik allemaal leuke teksten en plaatjes vast ga maken.

En wat is een kerstpakket zonder eten? Er  zitten twee zakjes currypasta in en een mix voor pizza en foccacia. Lekker! En om me te helpen bij het koken zit er nog een spatel bij.

En naast alle leuke dingen hierboven, is er ook nog eens een leuk houten kistje met twee hartvormige gaten aan beide kanten. Ik ga deze aan m'n muur hangen, zodat ik 'm als plank kan gebruiken voor decoratieve dingen (dan kan m'n fretje er mooi niet bij om dingen stuk te maken).

Ik hoop dat je het leuk vond om mijn kerstpakket te zien en dat ik je niet te jaloers heb gemaakt als je er helaas geen krijgt.
Ik wens je in ieder geval een fijne kerst dit jaar!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like this blog? Sign up for the free JCLN Newsletter!

Pin It button on image hover